Specialist studio lighting capabilities, tethered digital captures + post-production editing works
High profile advertising photography assignments include publication in The Vogue Jewellery Directory + Arabian Knight
○ Styled character portrait | Adam 2016 (medium format digital • studio flash + indirect para)
○ Jewellery photography | Fandangles 2017 (medium format digital • light-tent set • studio flash + indirect para)
○ Styled advertisement image | Zoë, Bahrain 2000 (medium format film • ambient light + bounce studio flash)
○ Jewellery photography | Fandangles 2013 (DSLR • light-tent set • studio flash + mini-indirect para • sunlight reflector)
○ Documentary | Chance encounter work “ Cats On Steps “ Almuñécar, Spain 2002 (medium format film • ambient light)
○ Styled advertisement image | Mezzaluna, Bahrain 2000 (medium format transparency film • ambient light + studio flash)
○ Styled portrait | Ryan 2014 (DSLR • studio flash + softbox + 2stop diffuser)
○ Jewellery photography | Fandangles 2016 (DSLR • light-tent set • studio flash + mini-indirect para • gridded-snoot)
○ Styled advertisement image | Zoë, Bahrain 2000 (medium format film • ambient light + studio flash + modelling lights)
○ Styled character portrait | Jane 2016 (medium format digital • studio flash + indirect-para + 1/4stop diffuser)
○ Documentary | Chance encounter work “ Stairwell “ Bahrain 2001 (35mm film • ambient light)
○ Product photography | Fandangles 2016 (DSLR • studio flash + softboxes • gridded snoot)
○ Documentary | Chance encounter work “ Scarborough Harbour I “ United Kingdom 2009 (medium format film • ambient light)
○ Styled pet portrait | Quentin 2017 (DSLR • studio flash + indirect ‘de-focused’ softbox)
○ Documentary | Chance encounter work “ Clown-in-waiting “ United Kingdom 1998 (medium format film • ambient light)
○ Jewellery photography | Fandangles 2016 (DSLR • light-tent set • studio flash + mini-indirect para • sunlight reflector)
○ Styled portrait | “ Dudley with his sax ” Bahrain 1996 (medium format film • studio flash + softboxes + 2stop diffusion panel)
○ Studio work | “ Refraction of light ” 1996 Czech crystal paperweight (medium format transparency film • studio flash)
1 1 C A S T L E R O A D S C A R B O R O U G H N O R T H Y O R K S H I R E Y O 1 1 1 B G
Located on the ground floor, our photographic studio capability includes an extensive in-house complement of high-end professional equipment and light-shaping tools at our creative disposal, including multiple-format digital capture solutions, as well as ‘industry standard’ in post-production facilities.
○ Studio | Richard 2017
(DSLR • studio flash + indirect para)
Located on the upper level, our costume jewellery and objet d’art display offers a range of interesting items from around the world ! …
Artisan, silver-gemstone jewellery, hand-made glass + crystal beads, vintage costume jewellery + Objet d’art
+ Objet d’art
○ Self-portrait | Shot on subsea inspection photo shoot, Offshore Qatar 1992
(35mm transparency film • strobe + ambient light)
○ Director of photography | Richard Alan Mulford
Richard has directed + shot a variety of photographic assignments over the past 30 years. Corporate advertising campaigns include projects for FP7 McCann, Ogilvy, HSBC, Le Royal Meridien Hotels, Qatar Petroleum, Al Hilal Publishing and Al Zain Jewellery.
Assignments have taken him to some interesting and remote places around the world, including a two decade specialisation in Industrial Subsea Inspection Photography for the Offshore Oil + Gas Industry, as a UK certified deep sea diver until retiring from diving.
Richard has a reputation for striving for “ absolute perfection “ in his creative work. He remembers the day that he drove his convertible Mustang back to his Bahrain-based studio with a US $10 Million designer fine jewellery collection “ in the boot to shoot “.
Continued in-house research + photographic studio lighting experimentation, has resulted in Richard developing and producing “ a mini-indirect deep parabolic light shaper “ for rendering 3D lighting effects + stones firing on jewellery photo shoots with light-tent sets.
mobile +44 (0) 777 329 9797
Thursday to Saturday 12.30 to 5pm
Registered in England and Wales. Private Limited Company № 04390330
Registered Office Address 62-63 Westborough, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom YO11 1TS
© 2000 - 2018. The Photographic Art Company LTD
ThePhotographicArtCompany.com is the official
website of The Photographic Art Company LTD
This website is intended for reference purposes. The displayed sample images are embossed © The Photographic Art Company • United Kingdom and are intended for online viewing purposes. ThePhotographicArtCompany.com website contains ‘ Original Photographic Works ‘ by Richard Alan Mulford which are subject to United Kingdom Intellectual Property © Copyright legislation.
United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office © Copyright information page http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/copy/c-applies/c-artisticworks.htm
○ The Photographic Art Company LTD